Our commitment to safety as we navigate COVID-19
To All Our Friends,
As our communities take steps to deal with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share with you what we are doing at Hooters.
Our commitment to the safety and well-being of our guests has long been a part of our values and operating procedures. We have always trained our team members on proper food safety and sanitation and have used – and continue to use – third party auditors to verify that our teams are following that training. The cleaning materials we use in our restaurants were selected based on their efficacy against a broad range of potentially harmful germs.
We are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19, and have been consistently sharing best practices with our restaurants informing them on how to mitigate potential COVID-19 related risks. We have even further enhanced our procedures in response. Specifically, we are:
- Educating our team members on COVID-19 and how to stay safe from transmission;
- Increasing training of our existing sanitation and health policies;
- Performing additional sanitation of high-contact areas such as door handles, faucets, point of sale devices
- Requiring all restaurant team members to wash their hands at least once every 30 minutes (and more if an instance warrants) and;
- Installing hand sanitiser stations near the entrance of our restaurants.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation with COVID-19 and follow recommendations by the DOH and local health departments. In summary, we are committed to taking all appropriate steps to ensure that now more than ever, Hooters is your oasis to escape the real world.
Hooters South Africa